So you are moving to New Rochelle NY and looking for an apartment for rent? Well, you may get ample choices, but how to choose the right one that is easy on your pocket and comfortable? In this post, we will learn about important things to consider when renting an apartment. Let’s get started…
- Size: Determine the size of the apartment you are looking to rent. If you are a couple, normally a one-bedroom apartment sill suffice. However, if you are newly married, thinking of starting a family or work from home often, a two-bedroom apartment may be the best option. Choosing the right size apartment can make living easier and allow you to minimize moving around as much.
- Rental Price: Another thing to consider when searching apartments for rent in New Rochelle NY is the rental price. Of course, going over budget is not a wise move, so you should look for something within your budget. Look at local listing sites and find what are the normal rent prices in the area. Settle on the price range you can afford and don’t forget to consider the cost of gas and other utilities along with your commuter costs to get to work. According to the standard rule, your rental payments should not be more than 30% of your gross monthly salary or income.
- Location: When selecting a rental apartment you should look for aspects such as the following: Is the location close to a downtown area for groceries, work, school or hospital? Is the location near major transportation hubs, like railroad, major highways, bus stations? What is the location’s walk score? Locations with high walk scores mean you may not even need a car to get around, another major cost savings. The Lombardi has a Walk Score of 91, making it a walker’s paradise and daily errands do not require a car.
- Parking: This is another important aspect you need to consider when renting an apartment. Whether you own a two-wheeler or a four-wheel vehicle, you should make sure that you have enough parking spaces where you are renting an apartment. Also, don’t forget to ask the number of cars allowed and if there is an extra fee for extra cars.
- Pet-Friendly: If you have a pet or intend to get one, it’s very important to receive permission or carefully review the landlord’s rules on pets. Some landlords won’t allow pets, but others may ask you to deposit some additional fees and pay an extra monthly rent based on the type of pet you have. The Lombardi is a pet friendly building, and we love our pets.
When looking for apartments for rent, make sure to look around. Make a list of concerns and priorities and then start with the apartment hunt. You can use a notebook to write down the rules, prices and the apartment layouts. It can be a huge help when you view a lot of apartments and want to compare your priorities before making a decision.
Wrapping up the post
Today, you may review all sorts of apartments for rent. From one bedroom to two bedroom apartments, you will be stunned by the choices available. If you are looking for the best apartments in New Rochelle NY, then visit The Lombardi. We have got some great rental apartments that meets the needs of every type of tenant.